Wednesday, May 2, 2007


This is a message Daddy shared with some of his close friends the day after I was born!


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Its quite amazing how I turned from someone who seriously thought I was going to end up marrying late and not have children till I am like 40, to become a father at 31. Yes no doubt I was socializing and making friends, Jeff and Wendy from church would know I met my fair share of misfitting potentials in years passed. You can surely plan your way around life, but the Lord determines your steps...

To fast forward the story - when Jessie and I discovered she was pregnant last year, it suddenly dawned on me the enormity of the parenthood task. Though I often rate myself as a driven person, I sometimes lend thought this was quite a big shoe to fill. Overnight, our 3-year plan of no kids was blissfully cut short by a year and a half.

Its amazing how fast I made friends with the little one inside her tummy. Sometimes when I don't have the energy to carry on smiling at idiots, or on the verge of throwing a shoe right across the conference table, I remember I have an appointed date to see my little one, and I find myself having the ability to carry on for some reason. (come on, dun bedeh me that everytime you have a situation, you just look to that corner of the ceiling and yonder a light shines, and you immediately see Jesus breaking through the wall and giving you a word of wisdom)

Anyway, when Dr. Gordon pulled Maegan out of Jessie's womb and laid her in front of us, it was just a magical moment. I was literally stunned for words, as I realise how beautiful this little baby is, even though she's soaked in blood and water. Sure everyone has their moment, this was unique, this was MY moment. At that time, you know you can and will do anything for this baby. You throw every limitation you set for yourself out of your mental window. Eh those cheesy hallmark cards are for real man!


I don't exactly know much about being a father, but I believe I have the best coach from above and two very decent earthly fathers. I'll probably shed plenty of tears at Maegan's wedding, but UNTIL then, I am just gonna savour every minute I spend with her.


Lastly, our family had some time alone after the delivery. I took Maegan in my left hand, and Jessie in my right, and we prayed. Wow, Maegan kept amazing still and her eyes just trained on me. Let me tell you, it was just sublime...priceless.